Mining Product: Infographic: Fall Protection: As Simple as A-B-C
Original creation date: April 2020
Authors: M Nasarwanji, J Pollard, B Eiter, J Hrica, L Kocher
This infographic on fall protection helps workers identify three essential components of a fall arrest system: anchor, body harness, and connecting device. The body text details these steps and components, and the top and bottom banners provide data from the Mine Safety and Health Administration (MSHA) to support how important the proper use of fall arrest systems is to safety. Depending on their duties, mine personnel commonly have the need to use fall protection at work, and this infographic is designed to give them critical tips that will be easy to remember and easy to implement.
For Spanish speakers, download the same infographics with text in Spanish.
- Causes of Fall Fatalities at Surface Mines
- Contributing Factors to Slip, Trip, and Fall Fatalities at Surface Coal and Metal/Nonmetal Mines
- Do Light-Emitting Diode Cap Lamps Enable Improvements in Miner Safety?
- Fall From Equipment Injuries in U.S. Mining: Identification of Specific Research Areas for Future Investigation
- Falls Can Kill!
- Ground Control Issues for Safety Professionals
- Infographic: Fall Protection: As Easy as 1-2-3
- Simple Solutions for Surface Mine Workers
- Slip Potential for Commonly Used Inclined Grated Metal Walkways