Mining Product: Infographic: Fall Protection: As Easy as 1-2-3
Original creation date: April 2020
Authors: M Nasarwanji, J Pollard, B Eiter, J Hrica, L Kocher
This infographic on fall protection helps workers identify three essential steps to take when using a personal fall arrest system: select and inspect, put on, and tie off. The body text details these steps and components, and the top and bottom banners provide data from the Mine Safety and Health Administration (MSHA) to support how important the proper use of fall arrest systems is to safety. Depending on their duties, mine personnel commonly have the need to use fall protection at work, and this infographic is designed to give them critical tips that will be easy to remember and easy to implement.
For Spanish speakers, download the same infographic with text in Spanish.
- Analysis of Fall-Related Imminent Danger Orders in the Metal/Nonmetal Mining Sector
- Contributing Factors to Slip, Trip, and Fall Fatalities at Surface Coal and Metal/Nonmetal Mines
- Do Light-Emitting Diode Cap Lamps Enable Improvements in Miner Safety?
- Fall From Equipment Injuries in U.S. Mining: Identification of Specific Research Areas for Future Investigation
- Falls Can Kill!
- Ground Control Issues for Safety Professionals
- Infographic: Fall Protection: As Simple as A-B-C
- Infographic: Falls Can Kill!
- Slip Potential for Commonly Used Inclined Grated Metal Walkways
- Understanding Why Workers Fall