Mining Product: Infographic: Shine More Light on Hazards
Original creation date: March 2022
Authors: A Mayton, M Nasarwanji, B Demich, R Geromi, B Bragg
This infographic illustrates how LED area lighting, strategically placed, can offer a simple, cost-effective, and practical solution for enhancing equipment operator safety when getting on and off equipment and during pre-shift walkaround inspections. Although headlamps provide adequate illumination, LED area lighting illuminates a much broader area and can increase awareness of slip-trip-fall (STF) hazards.
For Spanish speakers, download the same infographic with text in Spanish.
- Contributing Factors to Slip, Trip, and Fall Fatalities at Surface Coal and Metal/Nonmetal Mines
- Fall From Equipment Injuries in U.S. Mining: Identification of Specific Research Areas for Future Investigation
- LED Lighting for Improving Trip Object Detection for a Walk-thru Roof Bolter
- NIOSH Jupiter II Wide Area Light
- NIOSH Saturn Area Light
- Slip, Trip, and Fall Hazard Identification, Investigation, and Remediation at Surface Mining Facilities
- Slip, Trip, and Fall Prevention for Mining
- Technological Aspects of Solid-State and Incandescent Sources for Miner Cap Lamps
- Technology News 560 - The Saturn LED Area Light Provides Improved Illumination for Greater Roof Bolter Safety