Mining Product: Infographic: Now Hear This! Take Action to Protect Your Hearing
Original creation date: February 2020
Authors: A Azman
This infographic provides easy-to-understand information to frontline mineworkers about how to protect their hearing to avoid occupational noise-induced hearing loss. Four tips are given for using proven hearing conservation solutions, with text supported by drawings and symbols to represent practices that are not recommended and those that are recommended.
For Spanish speakers, download the same infographic with text in Spanish.
- Cross-Sectional Survey of Noise Exposure in the Mining Industry
- An Evaluation of Sound Restoration Hearing Protection Devices and Audibility Issues in Mining
- An Examination of Antecedents to Coal Miners' Hearing Protection Behaviors: A Test of the Theory of Planned Behavior
- Hearing Loss Prevention in Mining - 2005
- How Can I Test My Hearing Protection?
- Noise and Hearing Protection: Development of Two Training Exercises for Drillers
- Using Persuasive Messages to Encourage Voluntary Hearing Protection Among Coal Miners
- Wearing Hearing Protection Properly: A 3-D Training Aid for Drillers
- What Does a Hearing Loss Sound Like?
- Working in Noise with a Hearing Loss: Perceptions from Workers, Supervisors, and Hearing Conservation Program Managers