Prevent Overdose Deaths Infographic
Despite progress, drug overdose deaths continue to impact our nation.
- The majority involved a prescription or illicit opioid.
- Taking more than one drug at the same time can increase overdose risk.
- Nearly 71,000 drug overdose deaths in 2019.
Not all overdoses have to end in death.
Everyone has a role to play.
- Learn about the risks of opioids.
- Learn about naloxone, its availability, and how to use it.
- Help people struggling with opioid use disorder to find the right care and treatment.