Pre-Award Activities for Applicants
How to Apply
- Review the Notice of Funding Opportunity (NOFO): Read the NOFO document to become familiar with CDC’s specific project need(s) and desired outcome(s); visit the Application Process page for additional background information on CDC’s NOFOs
- Prospective applicants should sign up to receive NOFO change notifications: visit Grants.gov and click on the “Send Me Change Notifications Emails” link within the Synopsis Details tab
- Determine eligibility and submission dates: After reading the NOFO, determine if your organization is a good fit based on organizational capabilities, CDC need(s), and NOFO eligibility requirements, if any
- Visit the Eligibility page for more information
- Complete required registrations and forms: Complete all pre-application registrations noted within the NOFO. Required registrations include:
- eRA Commons
- System for Award Management (SAM)
Effective April 4, 2022, applicants must have a unique entity identifier (UEI) at the time of application submission. The UEI replaced the Data Universal Numbering System (DUNS) and is generated as part of SAM.gov registration. Current SAM.gov registrants have already been assigned their UEI and can view it in SAM.gov and grants.gov. Additional information is available on the GSA website, SAM.gov, Grants.gov-Finding the UEI, and SF-424 Instructions.
- For more information on required registrations, visit Application Resources.
- Develop and submit an application: Follow the guidance, requirements, and timelines outlined in the NOFO to develop and submit required documents
- Applicants are required to complete the pre-award CDC Risk Questionnaire and include it with their application package via Grants.gov. The questionnaire addresses risk categories related to operational, financial, and compliance areas, and is required for all new NOFOs posted on Grants.gov. For more information about the risk questionnaire, please refer to the fact sheet, CDC’s Risk Management Framework.
- Visit the Application Process page for more information