Award Terms & Conditions, Federal Regulations and Policies
CDC and grant recipients must comply with all applicable terms and conditions of award, federal laws, regulations, and policies.
Applicable grant terms and conditions, policies and regulations include:
- CDC General Terms and Conditions for Research Awardspdf icon
- CDC General Terms and Conditions for Non-research Awardspdf icon
- Code of Federal Regulations (CFRs)
- HHS Grants Policy Statementpdf iconexternal icon
- HHS Protecting Life in Global Health Assistance Standard Provisionpdf icon
- Federal Funding Accountability and Transparency Act (FFATA)external icon
- Anti-Lobby Restrictions for CDC Grant Recipientspdf icon
- Grantee Notification Guidance on the Establishment of Subaccountspdf icon
- Notice of Funding Opportunity Additional Requirements
Recipients must comply with all general terms and conditions above and specific terms and conditions detailed in the Notice of Award (NoA). The NoA includes additional program and recipient special conditions.
In 2019, CDC provided expanded authority for carryover to some awards, allowing recipients to spend unobligated funds in a following budget period for any approved cost that falls within the scope and objectives of a project. For more information about expanded authority, please refer to the Expanded Authority for Carryover Fact Sheetpdf icon. To determine if expanded authority for carryover has been granted for an award, refer to your NoA document for the special terms and conditions .