Candida auris Publications
- Berkow, E.L., et al. Activity of CD101, a long-acting echinocandin, against clinical isolates of Candida auris. Diagn Microbiol Infect Dis. 2017 Nov 7.
- Lockhart, S., et al. Thinking beyond the common Candida species: Need for speciation of Candida due to the emergence of multidrug resistant Candida auris. J Clin Microbiol. 2017 Sep 13.
- Tsay, S., et al. Approach to the investigation and management of patients with Candida auris, an emerging multidrug-resistant yeast. Clin Infect Dis. 2017 Aug 17.
- Welsh, R.M., et al. Survival, persistence, and isolation of the emerging multidrug-resistant pathogenic yeast Candida auris on a plastic healthcare surface. J Clin Microbiol. 2017 Jul 26.
- Tsay, S., et. al. Ongoing Transmission of Candida auris in Health Care Facilities — United States, June 2016–May 2017. MMWR, 2017, May 18.
- Berkow, et al. In vitro activity of a novel glucan synthase inhibitor, SCY-078, against clinical isolates of Candida auris. Antimicrob Agents Chemother. 2017 May 8.
- Vallabhaneni, S., et. al. Investigation of the first seven reported U.S. cases of Candida auris, a globally-emerging invasive fungus — United States, May 2013–August 2016 . MMWR, 2016, Nov 4.
- Lockhart, S., et al., Simultaneous emergence of multidrug resistant Candida auris on three continents confirmed by whole genome sequencing and epidemiological analyses. Clinical Infectious Dis, 2016, Oct 20.
Candida auris reported from other countries:
- Chowdhary, A., et al., New clonal strain of Candida auris, Delhi, India. Emerg Infect Dis, 2013. 19(10): p. 1670-3.
- Ben-Ami, R., et al., Multidrug-Resistant Candida haemulonii and C. auris, Tel Aviv, Israel. Emerg Infect Dis, 2017. 23(2): p.195-203.
- Ben-Ami, R., et al., Antibiotic exposure as a risk factor for fluconazole-resistant Candida bloodstream infection. Antimicrob Agents Chemother, 2012. 56(5): p. 2518-23.
- Satoh, K., et al., Candida auris sp. nov., a novel ascomycetous yeast isolated from the external ear canal of an inpatient in a Japanese hospital. Microbiol Immunol, 2009. 53(1): p. 41-4.
- Emara, M., et al., Candida auris candidemia in Kuwait, 2014. Emerg Infect Dis, 2015. 21(6): p. 1091-2.
- Magobo, R.E., et al., Candida auris-associated candidemia, South Africa. Emerg Infect Dis, 2014. 20(7): p. 1250-1.
- Choi, et al. Otomastoiditis caused by Candida auris: Case report and literature review. Mycoses. 2017 Apr 5.
- Lee, W.G., et al., First three reported cases of nosocomial fungemia caused by Candida auris. J Clin Microbiol, 2011. 49(9): p. 3139-42.
- Gaitán, A.C.R., et al. Nosocomial fungemia by Candida auris: First four reported cases in continental Europe. Rev Iberoam Micol, 2017, Jan 25.
- Borman, A.M., et al. Isolates of the emerging pathogen Candida auris present in the UK have several geographic origins. Med Mycol. 2017 Feb 16.
- Schelenz, S., et al. First hospital outbreak of the globally emerging Candida auris in a European hospital. Antimicrob Resist Infect Control. 2016 Oct 19; 5:35.
- Calvo, B., et al. First report of Candida auris in America: Clinical and microbiological aspects of 18 episodes of candidemia. J Infect, 2016. 73(4): p.369-74.
Recommendations from other countries
- European Centre for Disease Prevention and Control. Candida auris in healthcare settings – Europe – 19 December 2016. Stockholm: ECDC; 2016.
- Candida auris identified in England. Public Health England. 2016, July 1.
- Candida auris: laboratory investigation, management and infection prevention and control. Public Health England. 2016, June 27.
Laboratory aspects of Candida auris
- Larkin, E., et al. The emerging pathogen Candida auris: Growth phenotype, virulence factors, activity of antifungals, and effect of SCY-078, a novel glucan synthesis inhibitor, on growth morphology and biofilm formation. Antimicrob Agents Chemother. 2017 Apr 24;61(5).
- Mizusawa, M., et al. Can a multi-drug resistant Candida auris be reliably identified in clinical microbiology laboratories? J. Clin. Microbiol, 2016, Nov 23.
- Sherry, L., et al., Biofilm-Forming Capability of Highly Virulent, Multidrug-Resistant Candida auris. Emerg Infect Dis, 2017.23(2): p. 328-31.
- Cadnum, J.L., et al. Relative resistance of the emerging fungal pathogen Candida auris and other Candida species to killing by ultraviolet light. Infect Control Hosp Epidemiol. 2017 Nov 21:1-3.
- Cadnum, J.L., et al. Effectiveness of disinfectants against Candida auris and other Candida species. Infect Control Hosp Epidemiol. 2017 Aug 10:1-4.
- Piedrahita, C.T., et al. Environmental surfaces in healthcare facilities are a potential source for transmission of Candida auris and other Candida species. Infect Control Hosp Epidemiol. 2017 Jul 11:1-3.
- Azar, M.M., et al. Donor-derived transmission of Candida auris during lung transplantation. Clin Infect Dis. 2017 May 17.
- Clancy, C.J., et al. Emergence of Candida auris: an international call-to-arms. Clinical Infectious Dis, 2016, Oct 20.
- Page last reviewed: September 6, 2017
- Page last updated: January 19, 2018
- Content source: