Heat and Pets
Keep your pets safe
- Never leave your pet in a parked car- they can suffer from heat-related illness too!
- Provide plenty of fresh water for your pets, and leave the water in a shady area.
Never leave pets in a parked car
- Even in cool temperatures, cars can heat up to dangerous temperatures very quickly.
- Leaving a window open is not enough- temperatures inside the car can rise almost 20 degrees Fahrenheit within the first 10 minutes, even with a window cracked open.
- Learn more about how to keep your pet safe during emergencies.
Page last reviewed: June 19, 2017