Tsunamis, also known as seismic sea waves, are a series of enormous waves created by an underwater disturbance such as an earthquake, landslide, volcanic eruption, or meteorite. A tsunami can strike anywhere along most of the U.S. coastline. Learn more about tsunamis and get information about health concerns after a tsunami including food and water safety.
- Tsunami Messages for All Regions (NOAA) external icon
- About Tsunamis (American Red Cross) external icon
- World Health Organization (WHO) South Asia earthquake and tsunamis website external icon
- Tsunamis (FEMA) external icon
- U.S. Pacific Command: Tsunami Relief Effort external icon
- Tsunami.Gov external icon
Illnesses, injuries, carbon monoxide poisoning, animals & insects, food, water, cleanup, mold, environmental concerns, and coping with a disaster. Learn more.