What You Should Know
- What You Need to Know When the Power Goes Out Unexpectedly
General info, food & water safety, carbon monoxide, powerline hazards.
- Carbon Monoxide Poisoning After a Disaster
Indoor use of portable generators, charcoal grills, or camp stoves can lead to carbon monoxide poisoning. Take steps to protect your family…
- Worker Safety in a Power Outage
Preventing electrocution by undetected feedback electrical energy…
- Electrical Safety and Generators
Preventing electrocutions associated with generators plugged Into household circuits…
- NIOSH Electrical Safety
Publications on electrical safety.
- Worker Safety in Storm & Flood Cleanup
Info provided by CDC’s NIOSH on work-related hazards such as electrical hazards, carbon monoxide, musculoskeletal hazards, heat stress, motor vehicles, hazardous materials, fire, confined spaces, falls…
- Hurricanes and Other Tropical Storms
Protecting yourself before & after a hurricane.
- Winter Weather
Winter Storm Facts, Extreme Cold Prevention Guide.
Preparing for a flood & its aftermath.
- Extreme Heat
Extreme Heat Prevention Guide, tips for preventing heat-related illness, heat stress in elderly.