Wildfires: Related Links
Before a Wildfire
- American Red CrossExternal
Find resources for disaster relief and emergency preparedness.
- U.S. Fire AdministrationExternal
Find fire safety information for the public, at-risk populations, fire safety professionals, volunteers, and the media.
Take steps to protect your homes from the risk of wildfires.
Find out how to keep food safe during and after an emergency.
- Make a Plan
Learn how to develop a family disaster plan.
Get emergency preparedness guidance from the U.S. Department of Homeland Security.
During a Wildfire
- Air Quality IndexExternal
Access a guide to air quality and your health.
- Evacuate Safely
Learn what to do before you evacuate, while you’re evacuated, and after the evacuation ends.
Get interagency information on specific wildfires including photographs, maps, announcements, and closures.
After A Wildfire
- What You Need to Know When the Power Goes Out Unexpectedly
Tips to help you prepare for and cope with sudden loss of power.
- Carbon Monoxide Poisoning
Learn how to prevent carbon monoxide exposure with multilingual printable Frequently Asked Questions.
- Fact Sheet: Prevent Injury after a Disaster
Get tips to prevent injury after a disaster.
- Cleanup Safely
Learn how to stay safe during cleanup.
- Firefighter Safety in the Wildland/Urban InterfaceExternalExternal
See videos demonstrating firefighting techniques and lessons learned for fire and emergency personnel.
- National Interagency Fire CenterExternalExternal
Find out more about the logistical and support center for U.S. wildland firefighting.
- Bureau of Land Management Fire and AviationExternalExternal
Discover how the agency develops policy, conducts wildland fire research, and coordinates with other firefighting organizations.
- National Park Service Fire and Aviation ManagementExternalExternal
Explore the agency’s six fire management branches: Aviation, Structural Fire, Wildland Fire, Administration, Communication and Education, and Information Technology.
- USDA Forest Service Fire and Aviation ManagementExternalExternal
Learn about the science behind the agency’s fire management strategies.
- National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health
See here for health and safety resources for fire departments, fire fighters, and partner organizations.
- National Wildfire Coordinating GroupExternalExternal
Find out about programs, policies, standards, and training for wildfire management agencies.
- Respirator Fact Sheet
Get information about respirators from CDC’s National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health.
Page last reviewed: December 27, 2013