Helping Teens Cope After a Natural Disaster
Information for parents and professionals working with teens
Parents, educators, and others who work with older children, teens, or young adults can share the resources on this website to help youth better cope after a natural disaster. You can also check out the resources below.
Coping with Stress
Listen to teens' stories about life after a natural disaster. Find videos, posters, and graphics here.
- Coping with a Disaster or Traumatic Event
- COVID-19 Parental Resources Kit
- COVID-19: Helping Children Cope
- COVID-19: Support for Teens and Young Adults
- BAM! Body and Mind: Child Development
- Coping with Stress
- AAP: Promoting Adjustment and Helping Children Copeexternal icon
- Healthychildren.org: How Families Can Cope with Relocation Stress After a Disasterexternal icon
- National Child Traumatic Stress Network- Disasters:external icon Searchable resource library to support children, families, teachers, and communities recover after disasters. Resources are available by audience, topic, and language.
- SAMHSA: Tips for Talking With and Helping Children and Youth Cope After a Disaster or Traumatic Event: A Guide for Parents, Caregivers, and Teachersexternal icon
- Helping Students Cope With Disaster Media Coverage – A Guide for Teachers and Staffpdf iconexternal icon
- How Right Now:external icon A CDC Foundation initiative to address people’s feelings of grief, loss, and worry during COVID-19. En Españolexternal icon