To participate in a CDC-recognized lifestyle change program, you’ll need to meet ALL 4 of these requirements:
- Be 18 years or older.
- Have a body mass index (BMI) of 25 or higher (23 or higher if Asian American).
- Not be previously diagnosed with type 1 or type 2 diabetes.
- Not be pregnant.
You’ll also need to meet 1 of these requirements (unless you’re enrolling in the Medicare Diabetes Prevention Program, which has different criteria):
- Had a blood test result in the prediabetes range within the past year (includes any of these tests and results):
- Hemoglobin A1C: 5.7–6.4%.
- Fasting plasma glucose: 100–125 mg/dL.
- Two-hour plasma glucose (after a 75 g glucose load): 140–199 mg/dL.
- Be previously diagnosed with gestational diabetes (diabetes during pregnancy).
- Received a high-risk result (score of 5 or higher) on the Prediabetes Risk Test.
Ready to get started? Find a lifestyle change program (online or in person) that works for you.