What Do Dates & Interim Mean?
- The date, in red, next to each VIS is the most recent version.
- The Interim version is to be used until the final version is available.
See What's New to learn when the final version should be available.
Note: Federal law allows up to 6 months for a new VIS to be used.
CDC maintains a current English language VIS for each vaccine. You and your patients can
- View and display the web page
- Download and print the PDF file
- Import the RTF (text) file into an electronic system
- View on a smartphone, tablet or other web-accessible mobile device
Multi-, Routine-, & Non-Routine-Vaccine VISs
- Multiple Vaccines (DTaP, Hib, Hepatitis B, Polio, and PCV13) (11/5/15) UPDATED
This VIS may be used in place of the individual VISs for DTaP, Hib, Hepatitis B, Polio, and PCV13 when two or more of these vaccines are administered during the same visit. It may be used for infants through children receiving their routine 4-6 year vaccines.
- DTaP (5/17/07)
- Hepatitis A (7/20/16) UPDATED
- Hepatitis B (7/20/16) UPDATED
- Hib (Haemophilus Influenzae type b) (4/2/15)
- HPV - Gardasil-9 (12/2/16) UPDATED
- HPV - Gardasil (5/17/13) [Interim]
- Influenza - Live, Intranasal (8/7/15)
- Influenza - Inactivated (8/7/15)
- Measles/Mumps/Rubella (MMR) (4/20/12) [Interim]
- Measles/Mumps/Rubella & Varicella (MMRV) (5/21/10) [Interim]
- Meningococcal ACWY (MenACWY and MPSV4) (3/31/2016)
- Serogroup B Meningococcal (MenB) (8/9/16) UPDATED
- Pneumococcal Conjugate (PCV13) (11/5/15)
- Pneumococcal Polysaccharide (PPSV23) (4/24/15)
- Polio (7/20/16) UPDATED
- Rotavirus (4/15/15)
- Shingles (Herpes Zoster) (10/06/09)
- Tdap (Tetanus, Diphtheria, Pertussis) (2/24/15)
- Td (Tetanus, Diphtheria) (4/11/17) UPDATED
- Varicella (Chickenpox) (3/13/08) [Interim]
- Adenovirus (6/11/14)
Note: Adenovirus vaccine is approved for use only among military personnel.
- Anthrax (3/10/10)
- Japanese Encephalitis (1/24/14)
- Rabies (10/06/09)
- Smallpox (Vaccinia) (12/1/15)
Medical Guide for vaccination with ACAM2000 [6 pages] This medication guide replaces the Smallpox VIS. It is to be used before one receives the vaccination. This guide is not available in other languages.
- Typhoid (5/29/12)
- Yellow Fever (03/30/11)
- Page last reviewed: January 10, 2017
- Page last updated: April 11, 2017
- Content source: