There is not a COVID-19 Vaccine Information Statement. COVID-19 vaccine is currently available through Emergency Use Authorization (EUA) by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA). EUA Fact Sheets for Recipients should be provided to patients at the time of vaccination.
CDC maintains a current English language VIS for each vaccine. You and your patients can
- View and display the web page
- Download and print the PDF file
- Import the RTF (text) file into an electronic system
- View on a smartphone, tablet or other web-accessible mobile device
- The date, in red, next to each VIS is the most recent version.
- The Interim version is to be used until the final version is available.
See What’s New to learn when the final version should be available.
Note: Federal law allows up to 6 months for a new VIS to be used.
- Multiple Vaccines (DTaP, Hib, Hepatitis B, Polio, and PCV13) (4/1/20) interim
This VIS may be used in place of the individual VISs for DTaP, Hib, Hepatitis B, Polio, and PCV13 when two or more of these vaccines are administered during the same visit. It may be used for infants through children receiving their routine 4-6 year vaccines.
- DTaP (Diphtheria, Tetanus, Pertussis) (8/6/21)
- Hepatitis A (7/28/20) interim
- Hepatitis B (8/15/19) interim
- Hib (Haemophilus Influenzae type b) (8/6/21)
- HPV (Human Papillomavirus) (8/6/21)
- Influenza – Live, Intranasal (8/6/21)
- Influenza – Inactivated (8/6/21)
- Measles/Mumps/Rubella (MMR) (8/6/21)
- Measles/Mumps/Rubella & Varicella (MMRV) (8/6/21)
- Meningococcal ACWY (8/6/21)
- Meningococcal B (8/6/21)
- Pneumococcal Conjugate (PCV13) (8/6/21)
- Pneumococcal Polysaccharide (PPSV23) (10/30/19)
- Polio (8/6/21)
- Rotavirus (10/30/19) interim
- Tdap (Tetanus, Diphtheria, Pertussis) (8/6/21)
- Td (Tetanus, Diphtheria) (8/6/21)
- Varicella (Chickenpox) (8/6/21)
- Zoster / Shingles (Recombinant) (10/30/19)
- Adenovirus (1/8/20)
Note: Adenovirus vaccine is approved for use only among military personnel.
- Anthrax (1/8/20)
- Cholera (10/30/19)
- Japanese Encephalitis (8/15/19)
- Rabies (1/8/20)
- Smallpox (Vaccinia) (12/1/15)
Medical Guide for vaccination with ACAM2000 pdf icon[6 pages]external icon This medication guide replaces the Smallpox VIS. It is to be used before one receives the vaccination. This guide is not available in other languages.
- Typhoid (10/30/19)
- Yellow Fever (4/1/20)