Assess for Needed Immunizations
- International Adoption
- Vaccination of persons with primary and secondary immunodeficiencies (Table 8-1)
- Immunization information systems (IISs)
- Vaccine Recommendations and Guidelines of the ACIP
Use the current Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices (ACIP) immunization schedule (child/adolescent or adult) to determine what recommended vaccines are needed based on the patient’s immunization history. Be sure to assess for routinely recommended vaccines at every visit, as well as any vaccines that are indicated based on health status, occupation, or other risk factors.
An immunization information system, if available, can help health care providers determine if immunizations are due that day.
- Children and adolescents aged 18 years and younger
- Job aids to assist health care professionals in using the catch-up schedule (figure 2) in the childhood/adolescent immunization schedule
- Adults 19 years of age or older
- Find out how to display immunization schedules on your website and sign up to be notified by e-mail when CDC makes changes to immunization schedules
- Immunization schedule apps
- Order free printed immunization schedules for children and adults