Vaccine Storage and Handling Toolkit
At a Glance
The Vaccine Storage and Handling Toolkit is a comprehensive guide for health care providers on recommendations and best practices for:
- Managing vaccine inventory and transport
- Storing and preparing vaccine
- Monitoring vaccine temperature
- Using and maintaining storage unit and temperature monitoring equipment
- Preparing for emergency storage, handling, and transport situations
- Developing standard operating procedures for routine and emergency vaccine management and training staff
View or Print Toolkit
Use this link to view or print the Vaccine Storage and Handling Toolkit [3 MB, 49 pages] Jan 2019
The Vaccine Storage and Handling Toolkit reflects best practices for vaccine storage and handling from Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices (ACIP) recommendations, product information from vaccine manufacturers, and scientific studies.
The redesigned 2019 Vaccine Storage and Handling Toolkit The toolkit helps health care providers find the information they need quickly and easily. Revisions include:
- A reorganized layout with color coded sections to help better navigate the toolkit
- Updated job aids and resource documents
- Updated visuals for the vaccine storage and handling recommendations and best
Note: For more detailed information on storage and handling recommendations and guidance for individual vaccines, please refer to manufacturers’ package inserts found on the Immunization Action Coalition (IAC) website.
- You Call the Shots: Vaccine Storage and Handling Module is an interactive, web-based module which provides learning opportunities, self-test practice questions, reference and resource materials, and an extensive glossary. Continuing education or a certificate of completion available.
- Page last reviewed: April 5, 2019
- Page last updated: January 24, 2019
- Content source: