Progress Reviews for Healthy People 2020
Healthy People 2020 Progress Reviews are intended to provide the Assistant Secretary for Health, senior Health and Human Services (HHS) officials, Healthy People 2020 stakeholders, and the public with information and data on the current status of objectives within each of the Healthy People 2020 Topic Areas. The structure of the reviews pairs the 42 Healthy People 2020 Topic Areas into 21 groups called "affinities." Affinity pairings of Topic Areas are primarily based on commonalities of subject matter and data availability.
Progress Reviews present an opportunity for a broad discussion about the progress made toward achieving the targets for the objectives and overarching goals of Healthy People 2020. Barriers and challenges faced in achieving these targets, as well as exploration of strategies and opportunities for moving the Nation closer to meeting the goals for the decade, are discussed.
Progress Reviews are open to the public using a webinar format that provides an opportunity for a broad range of stakeholders to view and participate in the Progress Review sessions. At the end of each Progress Review, a question-and-answer segment is held during which panelists respond to viewer-submitted questions via an online chat feature.
Healthy People 2020 Progress Review webinars began in early 2013 and are scheduled to run through mid-2017.
Completed Progress Reviews
- Cancer & Genomics (February 6, 2013)
- Injury and Violence Prevention & Occupational Safety and Health (April 6, 2013)
- Immunization and Infectious Diseases & Global Health (July 30, 2013)
- Healthcare-Associated Infections & Blood Disorders and Blood Safety (August 28, 2013)
- Respiratory Diseases & Sleep Health (December 5, 2013)
- Food Safety & Medical Product Safety (January 8, 2014)
- Mental Health and Mental Disorders & Substance Abuse (February 26, 2014)
- Nutrition and Weight Status, & Physical Activity (May 9, 2014)
- Older Adults, and Dementias, Including Alzheimer's Disease (June 19, 2014)
- Chronic Kidney Disease & Diabetes (September 29, 2014)
- Environmental Health & Tobacco Use (December 5, 2014)
- Social Determinants of Health and Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, and Transgender Health (February 5, 2015)
- Educational and Community-Based Programs & Health Communication and Health Information Technology (June 16, 2016)
- Disability and Health & Health-Related Quality of Life and Well-Being (August 11, 2016)
Upcoming Progress Reviews
- Arthritis, Osteoporosis, and Chronic Back Conditions & Heart Disease and Stroke (February, 2017)
- Page last reviewed: August 11, 2016
- Page last updated: August 11, 2016
- Content source: