Linkage Methods and Analytic Support for NCHS-CMS Medicaid Data
- NCHS-CMS Medicaid Matching Methodology and Analytic Considerations pdf icon[PDF – 785 KB]
Contains an overview of the data sources, the methods used for linkage, descriptions of the resulting linked data files and analytic considerations.
- Match Rate Table for NCHS-CMS Medicaid Files pdf icon[PDF – 87 KB]
Table providing NCHS-CMS Medicaid linked file sample sizes and percentage linked, by survey and age at interview.
- Sample Sizes for Restricted-Use NCHS-CMS Medicaid Files pdf icon[PDF – 180 KB]
Tables providing sample sizes for each NCHS-CMS Medicaid linked file by NCHS survey, type of Medicaid file and Medicaid claims year.
- Medicaid Managed Care Program Enrollment Table for NCHS-CMS Medicaid Files pdf icon[PDF – 57 KB]
Table providing unweighted percentage of NCHS-CMS Medicaid linked sample enrolled in a Medicaid Comprehensive Managed Care Program (for at least 1 month / during the full year).
Previous NCHS-CMS Medicaid Linkages:
- Golden C, Driscoll AK, Simon AE, et al. Linkage of NCHS population health surveys to administrative records from Social Security Administration and Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services. National Center for Health Statistics. Vital Health Stat 1(58). 2015 pdf icon[PDF – 1.4 MB]. Contains an overview of the data sources, the methods used for linkage, descriptions of the resulting linked data files, analytic guidance, and match rate tables.
Page last reviewed: February 1, 2021, 04:05 PM
Content source: CDC/National Center for Health Statistics