2015 Public-Use Linked Mortality Files
Public-use Linked Mortality Files (LMF) are available for 1986-2014 NHIS. The files include a limited set of mortality variables for adult participants only. The public-use versions of the NCHS Linked Mortality Files were subjected to data perturbation techniques to reduce the risk of participant re-identification. For select records, synthetic data were substituted for the date of death and/or underlying cause of death. Information regarding vital status was not perturbed.
Public-use 2015 Linked Mortality Files for NHANES III and 1999-2014 NHANES are forthcoming.
Data Files and Data Dictionaries
- Introduction & Read-Me: Public-Use 2015 LMF [PDF – 89 KB]
- Public-Use Data Dictionary: Public-Use 2015 LMF Data Dictionary [PDF – 390 KB]
- Public-Use Linked Mortality Files: FTP Site
- Software Programs:
Comparability with Restricted-Use Files
An updated comparison report is forthcoming.
For more information about accessing the restricted-use linked mortality files, please consult the Restricted-Use Linked Mortality Data page.
- Page last reviewed: February 5, 2019, 09:35 AM
- Page last updated: February 5, 2019, 09:35 AM
- Content source: