Restricted-Use NCHS-USRDS End-Stage Renal Disease Data
NCHS survey data have been linked to End-Stage Renal Disease (ESRD) data obtained from United States Renal Data System (USRDS). The ESRD data are divided into six files: Match Status, Patient Profile, Medical Evidence Report, Detailed Treatment History, Condensed Treatment History, and Payer History.
Descriptions of the USRDS ESRD files that have been linked to NCHS survey data can be found in the following NCHS report:
NCHS-USRDS ESRD Linkage: 1974-2018
- The Linkage of National Center for Health Statistics Survey Data to United States Renal Data System (USRDS) End-Stage Renal Disease (ESRD) Patient Data Linkage Methodology and Analytic Considerations pdf icon[PDF – 335 KB]
Due to confidentiality requirements, the Restricted-Use NCHS-USRDS ESRD Data are accessible only through the NCHS Research Data Center (RDC). All interested researchers must submit a research proposal to the RDC. Please see the RDC web site for instructions on submitting a proposal (RDC website).
Restricted Use Dictionaries
- Patient Profile pdf icon[PDF – 190 KB]
- Medical Evidence Report pdf icon[PDF – 325 KB]
- Detailed Treatment History pdf icon[PDF – 136 KB]
- Condensed Treatment History pdf icon[PDF – 131 KB]
- Payer History pdf icon[PDF – 130 KB]
- Match Status pdf icon[PDF – 121 KB]
NCHS-USRDS ESRD linked data (1974-2018)