Nutritional Biomarkers Branch
The Nutritional Biomarkers Branch (NBB) conducts research, develops methods, and analyzes essential nutrients (e.g., vitamins), nonessential nutrients (e.g., certain fatty acids), and bioactive dietary compounds (e.g., phytoestrogens and aflatoxin) that are responsible for changes in health status. For many of these essential nutrients and dietary compounds, the Branch produces population-based exposure levels segmented by age, sex, and race or ethnicity. This information is available in CDC’s National Report on Selected Biochemical Indicators of Diet and Nutrition.
- Are We Getting Enough Vitamins and Nutrients?
- CDC’s Second Nutrition Report: Factsheets
- CDC’s Second Nutrition Report: Infographic
- Folic Acid
- Meet the Scientist Interview: Christine Pfeiffer
- Podcast – Second Nutrition Report At-A-Glance (Listen Now)Cdc-mediaCdc-media
- Podcast TranscriptCdc-pdfCdc-pdf