Extramural Research Program Operations (ERPO) is the focal point for the development, peer review, and post-award management of extramural research awards for NCIPC and the National Center for Environmental Health/Agency for Toxic Substances and Disease Registry. ERPO ensures extramural research portfolios are designed for maximum public health impact.
The Extramural Research Program Operations develops, plans, coordinates, implements, monitors, and evaluates extramural research that is designed to address Center priorities.
(Please hover over each step in the life cycle for more information.)
Develop Research Concept
Reviews draft NOFO concept proposal and works with division ADS to discuss any substantive issues with the concept document.
- Develop and Publish NOFO Drafts NOFO based on approved research concept; oversees NOFO review and facilitates publication of approved NOFO's.
- Eligibility and Responsiveness Review Conducts responsiveness review in collaboration with Subject Matter Expert (SME).
- Primary Peer Review Conducts all work, functions, and activities to peer review extramural research applications for scientific and technical merit in accordance with applicable federal regulations and policies.
- Secondary Review Conducts all work, functions, and activities to peer review extramural research applications for programmatic priorities and relevancy with applicable federal regulations and policies.
- Directors Review/Funding Decision Coordinates center director’s review and collaborates with division ADS to prepare and present program priorities and recommendations to centers’ directors’ for funding consideration.
- Execute and Administer New Awards Manages funded extramural research to ensure satisfactory progress toward achieving research aims, objectives, and compliance with policy for receipt and use of federal funds.
Track and Evaluate Outcomes
Collaborates with internal and external partners to provide information on award progress and research outcomes.
Assesses alignment of research outcomes and findings with research priorities.
- Translate and Disseminate Outcomes Facilitates awardee activities for disseminating research outcomes and translating research to practice.
- Research Agenda Input Participates with divisions and offices within the center to establish research priorities for the center.
Research Funding Opportunities
The Injury Center offers grants to assist other health-related and research organizations that contribute to our mission through health information dissemination, preventions, and research.Learn More