National HIV Testing Day - June 27
Each year on June 27 we observe National HIV Testing Day. On this day, we unite with partners, health departments, and other organizations to raise awareness about the importance of HIV testing and early diagnosis of HIV. Help encourage HIV testing on National HIV Testing Day and every day to ensure people get tested for HIV, know their status, and get linked to care and treatment services.
Social Media Resources
Sample Social Media Messages
- Today is National HIV Testing Day. Are you #DoingIt? Find HIV testing centers near you: cdc.gov/DoingIt #NHTD
- #DoingIt is fast, free, & confidential. Text your zip code to KNOW IT (566948) to find an #HIV testing center. #NHTD
- We’re #DoingIt this National HIV Testing Day! Tell us why YOU make #HIV testing a health priority. #NHTD http://bit.ly/1sZjFDu
- Getting tested for #HIV is easier than ever. Learn more about testing options. #DoingIt #NHTD http://1.usa.gov/1TH5CM5
- The only way to know for sure whether you have #HIV is to get tested. Make sure you’re #DoingIt this #NHTD. cdc.gov/DoingIt
- “Once you know your HIV status, you’re in better control” – @YBGLI. Take the Test. Take Control. #DoingIt #NHTD
- Are you #DoingIt on National HIV Testing Day? #NHTD
- 1 in 8 people living with #HIV in the US don’t know they have it. This #NHTD, make sure you’re #DoingIt.
Posters and Infographics
- Page last reviewed: June 27, 2016
- Page last updated: June 27, 2016
- Content source: Division of HIV/AIDS Prevention, National Center for HIV/AIDS, Viral Hepatitis, Sexual Transmitted Diseases and Tuberculosis Prevention, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention