Guides and Meeting Reports
- Linking People with Opioids Use Disorder to Medication Treatment: A Technical Package for Policy, Programs, and Practice pdf icon[PDF]
This resource offers guidance for developing and implementing effective linkage to care strategies for health care professionals and community leaders who are working to increase access and linkage to medications for opioid use disorder.
- Evidence-Based Strategies for Preventing Opioid Overdose: What’s Working in the United States pdf icon[PDF]
This resource consolidates the best evidence currently available for implementing overdose prevention strategies with demonstrated feasibility in the United States. It offers community leaders, local and regional organizers, non-profit groups, law enforcement, public health, and members of the public relevant research and examples of use in the field.
- Prescription Drug Overdose Data & Statistics Guide: CDC WONDER Multiple Causes of Death Dataset pdf icon[PDF]
This guide provides an overview of the steps to query Multiple Causes of Death data in CDC WONDER. CDC WONDER (Wide-ranging Online Data for Epidemiologic Research) is a data system that provides public-use data sets about mortality (deaths), cancer incidence, HIV and AIDS, tuberculosis, vaccinations, natality (births), census data and many other health outcomes. Multiple Causes of Death (MCOD) mortality data are based on death certificates for U.S. residents. Each death certificate contains underlying cause and up to twenty multiple causes of death and demographic data.
- From Epi to Policy: Prescription Drug Overdose: State Health Department Training and Technical Assistance Meeting pdf icon[PDF]
This report was prepared to summarize a meeting of health officials from 15 states funded to receive training on how to take what we know about the epidemic of Prescription Drug Overdose and turn it into effective action. The meeting sought to combine CDC’s research and epidemiology on prescription drug overdose with real-world discussions of the challenges and successes states have faced in confronting the epidemic. (Atlanta, Georgia, April 22-23, 2013)
- Patient Review and Restriction Programs: Lessons learned from state Medicaid programs pdf icon[PDF]
This report is a summary of an expert meeting to examine current practices of Patient Review and Restriction (PRR) programs and share insights about the operation of such programs to prevent prescription drug abuse, diversion, and overdose. (CDC Expert Panel Meeting Report, Atlanta, Georgia, August 27-28, 2012)