Content on this page was developed during the 2009-2010 H1N1 pandemic and has not been updated.
- The H1N1 virus that caused that pandemic is now a regular human flu virus and continues to circulate seasonally worldwide.
- The English language content on this website is being archived for historic and reference purposes only.
- For current, updated information on seasonal flu, including information about H1N1, see the CDC Seasonal Flu website.
Preparing for the Flu: A Communication Toolkit for Businesses and Employers
March 24, 2010 5:30 PM ET
The purpose of "Preparing for the Flu: A Communication Toolkit for Businesses and Employers" is to provide information and communication resources to help businesses and employers implement recommendations from CDC’s Guidance for Businesses and Employers to Plan and Respond to the 2009-2010 Influenza Season.
The toolkit includes:
- Letter from the Secretaries of Commerce, Health and Human Services, Homeland Security, and Labor
- Questions and Answers about CDC’s Guidance for Businesses and Employers to Plan and Respond to the 2009-2010 Influenza Season (PDF File)
- Quick Reference for Business 2009 H1N1 Flu Planning and Response (PDF File)
- Fact Sheet for Employers
- Fact Sheet for Employees
- Poster for Workplace Entrances to Remind Sick Employees to Go Home
- Template E-mails (or Letters) for Businesses to Send to Employees
- Text Messages for Businesses to Send to Employees (Word File) (PDF File)
- Additional Communication Resources for Businesses to Share with Employees (PDF File)
- Additional Web Resources for Businesses to Use for Planning (PDF File)
Get email updates
To receive weekly email updates about this site, enter your email address:
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
1600 Clifton Rd
Atlanta, GA 30333
TTY: (888) 232-6348
- Contact CDC-INFO