Rabies Vaccination: What Everyone Should Know
One of the Non-routine Vaccines by Disease
- About the disease
Brief description of symptoms, etc.
- Knowing How to Prevent Rabies isn't Just for Adults. Kids Can Get the Facts Too. posted Sept 2009
- Protect Your Family from Rabies Posted Jul 2009
- The Burden of Rabies: Learn how to help prevent rabies, a deadly virus that threatens the health of people and animals Posted Sep 2010
Data and Statistics Feature
- Pictures of rabies
Warning: Some of these photos are quite graphic.
- Video clips of rabies
Warning: Some of these videos are extremely disturbing!
- CDC Kids Rabies, KidsHealth
- Travelers information
Concerns about risks for travelers, preexposure vaccination, etc.
- Rabies vaccine supply situation
- Side Effects
- Vaccine Information Statement (VIS)
- What Should I Do if I Can't Afford the Rabies Vaccine?
As with all vaccines, there can be minor reactions, including pain and redness at the injection site, headache, fatigue or a vague feeling of discomfort.
- CDC's Vaccine Safety website
- Are vaccines safe?
FAQs on The Children's Hospital of Philadelphia website
It should be noted that there are no contraindications for those truly exposed to rabies. Therefore, the "who should not be vaccinated" information is relevant for routine pre-exposure only.
- Who should not be vaccinated with Rabies vaccine?
Excerpt from Vaccine Information Statement
- Pregnancy guidelines
- Page last reviewed: March 1, 2017
- Page last updated: March 1, 2017
- Content source: