Sealant Efficiency Assessment for Locals and States (SEALS) is designed to capture, store, and analyze school sealant program data. Programs can use this information to evaluate the effectiveness of individual school sealant programs by comparing the benefits (e.g., averted treatment) with the associated costs (e.g., resources used, labor hours). Programs can also use SEALS to generate individual school sealant event reports and consolidated reports summarizing all program school sealant events.
SEALS allows local sealant programs to evaluate their administrative and supply costs, and resources used to deliver services in schools. Using SEALS ensures uniform data collection across diverse programs. As a result, state oral health programs can use SEALS data to analyze the reach and effectiveness of local programs across their state. They can compare programs to identify best practices contributing to program efficiency and set benchmarks for per child costs and service delivery times.
Note: SEALS is currently available to awardees of CDC funding opportunity DP1810 and former awardees of DP1307 and requires special authorization for access. Non-funded states and outside organizations are welcome to use the workbooks and forms located in Additional Resources (below) to guide their sealant program administration. For more information, please contact SEALS@cdc.gov.
CDC has an on-demand training series on how to use the SEALS database:
• Module 1: Introduction to SEALS
• Module 2: State Admin Users
• Module 3: Local Program Users
• Module 4: Exporting Reports
State and local school sealant programs can watch the trainings to learn why SEALS was developed, the difference in access rights between a state user and a local user, and how to export reports.
User Manuals and Workbook:
- User Manual Download pdf icon[PDF – 1 MB]
- Appendices to User Manual [for print only] pdf icon[PDF – 527 KB]
- State User Supplemental Manual, Version 1.1 word icon[DOC – 405 KB]
- SSP Measures Workbook excel icon[XLS – 34 KB]
Data Collection Forms:
- Child-Level Data Collection Form word icon[DOC – 19 KB]
- Event-Level Data Collection Form word icon[DOC – 15 KB]
- SEALS User Chart word icon[DOC – 23 KB]
- Overview of Tasks and Timing of Data Entry word icon[DOC – 24 KB]