Summary of Infection Prevention Practices in Dental Settings: Basic Expectations for Safe Care
Find the most up-to-date information about infection prevention and control practices on CDC’s COVID-19 page, including CDC’s Infection Control Guidance for Healthcare Professionals about Coronavirus (COVID-19), which is applicable to all U.S. settings where healthcare is delivered, including dental settings. For more information, see CDC Updates COVID-19 Infection Prevention and Control Guidance.
This page lets you view the content of the Summary of Infection Prevention Practices in Dental Settings: Basic Expectations for Safe Care document online. PDF versions are available near the bottom of the page.
- Infection prevention program administrative measures,
- Infection prevention education and training,
- Respiratory hygiene and cough etiquette,
- Updated safe injection practices.
Fundamental Elements Needed to Prevent Transmission of Infectious Agents in Dental Settings
Please follow these steps for ordering copies:
- Go to CDC-INFO On Demand by visiting https://www.CDC.gov/pubs/CDCInfoOnDemandexternal icon
- In the “Filter Publications By” section, go to the “Search for Text” box, and type in the Publication ID# of 222361
- Add up to 5 copies to your cart in the “Order Amount” box
- On the right hand side of the page, click on “Check Out”
- Fill out your mailing information and submit order
For questions, please reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org