Summary of Infection Prevention Practices in Dental Settings: Basic Expectations for Safe Care
Find the most up-to-date information about infection prevention and control practices on CDC’s COVID-19 page, including CDC’s Interim Infection Prevention and Control Guidance for Dental Settings During the COVID-19 Response. These pages include information for the public and healthcare professionals, frequently asked questions and answers, and other helpful links.
This page lets you view the content of the Summary of Infection Prevention Practices in Dental Settings: Basic Expectations for Safe Care document online. PDF versions are available near the bottom of the page.
- Infection prevention program administrative measures,
- Infection prevention education and training,
- Respiratory hygiene and cough etiquette,
- Updated safe injection practices.
Fundamental Elements Needed to Prevent Transmission of Infectious Agents in Dental Settings
Please follow these steps for ordering copies:
- Go to CDC-INFO On Demand by visiting https://www.CDC.gov/pubs/CDCInfoOnDemandexternal icon
- In the “Filter Publications By” section, go to the “Search for Text” box, and type in the Publication ID# of 222361
- Add up to 5 copies to your cart in the “Order Amount” box
- On the right hand side of the page, click on “Check Out”
- Fill out your mailing information and submit order
For questions, please reach out to us at email@example.com