Infographic: Communities Benefit from Water Fluoridation
Communities benefit from Water Fluoridation
Water Fluoridation is safe, effective, and saves communities money.
On average, communities with water fluoridation experience:
- 25% fewer cavities than communities without water fluoridation leading to:
- Less pain
- Less fillings and teeth pulled
- Less missed days of school and work
- A return of $20 for every $1 invested
- Less expensive dental treatments needed
- Saves communities and families money
Water fluoridation improves oral health and reaches everyone in the community.
Visit www.cdc.gov/fluoridation for information about community water fluoridation.
- Page last reviewed: May 5, 2017
- Page last updated: June 14, 2018
- Content source: