Phase 2 (of 4): Onboarding Process
STEP 1: Request to initiate onboarding by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the information listed below.
A. Include the name of your PHA as the first component and the specific MMG as the second component in the subject line of the email (i.e., [State]—
NNDSS Onboarding Package for [MMG]).
B. In the email, confirm that your PHA has completed the following steps:
- Completed all required trainings (Secure Access Management System [SAMS] and MVPS).
- Request access to the MVPS Dashboard for all necessary users.
- Identified a Jurisdiction Data Manager role in MVPS.
- Identified a backup Jurisdiction Data Manager role in MVPS.
- Validated that test messages have passed the Message Evaluation and Testing Service (METS) with no errors and no or limited warnings.
C: Attach to the email the completed documentation listed below:
- List of contact information and roles for the key PHA stakeholders.
- List of all NNDSS diseases that are state reportable for the MMG to be completed.
- Completed NNDSS Implementation Spreadsheet (visit specific MMG page to access)
- Completed NNDSS Test Case Scenario Worksheetexcel icon with jurisdiction-specific data to show mappings and which elements are in the surveillance system.
STEP 2: Upon receipt of the PHA onboarding package, the NNDSS Onboarding Team will review the onboarding package and contact PHA if any required items are missing. CDC will also provide an approximate timeframe for scheduling the kickoff call.
STEP 3: Participate in onboarding kickoff call to review the onboarding process.
STEP 4: Transmit the test messages required for the MMG.
STEP 5: Refine the message based on feedback from the onboarding team.
Once all issues have been addressed, CDC will email approval to start the cutover-to-production phase.