Phase 1 (of 4): Pre-onboarding Preparation
STEP 1: Prepare internal resources.
- Identify which MMGs you will be implementing. MMGs currently available may be found on the NNDSS Technical Resource Center along with MMG-related documentation such as the PHIN Specification and event codes.
- Conduct readiness assessment of your technical infrastructure, test environment, transport, and expertise and resources by using the readiness checklist and reviewing the Infrastructure Questions.
- Identify your team:
- project lead/champion,
- lead for integrated surveillance system,
- person responsible for gap analysis,
- person responsible for creating electronic messages,
- person responsible for configuring message transport, and
- person responsible for data administration of surveillance system for conditions covered by selected MMG.
- Gather technical documentation, such as case investigation forms, electronic laboratory reporting message examples, data extracts, and technical architecture diagrams and workflows.
STEP 2: Obtain CDC Secure Access Management Services (SAMS) Level 2 access for all users who will need access to the MVPS Dashboard.
STEP 3: Request MVPS Dashboard access by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org and assign a Jurisdiction Data Manager in the Dashboard.
STEP 5: Complete gap analysis and mapping to the HL7 message while documenting this information in the
- NNDSS Implementation Spreadsheet (visit specific MMG page to access) and
- NNDSS Test Case Scenario Worksheetexcel icon
STEP 6: Create test messages associated with the test case scenario worksheet, indicating differences from the CDC example values in the worksheet.
STEP 7: Validate test messages in the CDC Message Evaluation and Testing Service (METS) and confirm that they have passed with no errors and limited warnings.
STEP 8: Set up and test transport.