Healthy Youth News Media Resources
The first nationally representative study of U.S. lesbian, gay and bisexual high school students finds they experience substantially higher levels of physical and sexual violence and bullying than other students – and are at risk for several serious outcomes.
Huffington Post Op-Ed Blog by Dr. Jonathan Mermin, NCHHSTP Director "Data Provide Insight to Improve Adolescents' Health" – October 6, 2015
International AIDS Conference 2014 - July 17, 2014
The 20th International AIDS Conference will take place from July 20-July 25. Throughout the conference, several CDC authors will present findings from their research in a number of topic areas, including a new analysis of trends in HIV testing and other HIV- and STD-related sexual risk behaviors among U.S. high school students.
- Young people account for a disproportionate share of new HIV infections and STIs.
- Only 1 in 5 sexually experienced US high school students have been tested for HIV.
- Progress in reducing sexual risk among US youth has stalled in recent years.
Healthy Youth Expert
Kathleen Ethier, PhD
Director, Division of Adolescent and School Health
View Dr. Ethier's full bio
- Page last reviewed: March 7, 2017
- Page last updated: March 7, 2017
- Content source: