Today, CDC is streamlining its COVID-19 guidance to help people better understand their risk, how to protect themselves and others, what actions to take if exposed to COVID-19, and what actions to take if they are sick or test positive for the virus.
CDC Media Briefing — New Vital Signs Report Hepatitis C is deadly, but curable: Why are so few Americans getting treatment?
Latest News Releases
- Statement from Karen Hacker, MD, MPH, Director, CDC’s National Center for Chronic Disease Prevention and Health Promotion on the passing of Tonya Moore, Tips From Former Smokers® participant Tuesday, August 9, 2022
- New CDC Data Reveal Less Than a Third of People Diagnosed with Hepatitis C Receive Timely Treatment for the Deadly, yet Curable, Infection Tuesday, August 9, 2022
- CDC Media Briefing — New Vital Signs Report: Hepatitis C is deadly, but curable Tuesday, August 9, 2022
- CDC Media Briefing - New Vital Signs Report: Hepatitis C is deadly, but curable. Why are so few Americans getting treatment? Monday, August 8, 2022
- CDC Hosts 11th International Conference on Emerging Infectious Diseases Monday, August 1, 2022
Rochelle P. Walensky, MD, MPH, is the Director of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and the Administrator of the Agency for Toxic Substances and Disease Registry. She is an influential scholar whose pioneering research has helped advance the national and global response to HIV/AIDS. Dr. Walensky is also a well-respected expert on the value of testing and treatment of deadly viruses.
Director’s Page | Director of CDC Photos | Director Debriefs
Get the facts about COVID-19 and the virus that causes it, including how it spreads and new variants.
CDC Center Newsrooms
- National Center for Chronic Disease Prevention and Health Promotion (NCCDPHP)
- National Center for Environmental Health
- National Center for Health Statistics
- National Center for HIV, Viral Hepatitis, STD, and TB Prevention
- National Center for Injury Prevention and Control
- National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health (NIOSH)
- Center for Global Health
- National Center for Emerging and Zoonotic Infectious Diseases
Sign up for email updates related to CDC news and events.