CDC Current Outbreak List
Infectious disease outbreaks currently being reported on by CDC. Listings include those outbreaks for which content is currently published on the CDC website.
Recent investigations reported on CDC.gov
- Unknown Source 1 – E. coli Infections Announced October 2020
- Unknown Source 2 – E. coli Infections Announced October 2020
- Deli Meats – Listeria Infections Announced October 2020
- Pet Bearded Dragons – Salmonella Infections Announced October 2020
- Wood Ear Mushrooms – Salmonella Infections Announced September 2020
- Pet Hedgehogs – Salmonella Infections Announced September 2020
- Backyard Poultry – Salmonella Infections Announced May 2020
- Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) Announced January 2020
- Pet Store Puppies – Multidrug-resistant Campylobacter Infections Announced December 2019
- Lung Injury Associated with E-cigarette Use or Vaping Announced August 2019
- Raw Milk – Drug-resistant Brucella (RB51) Announced February 2019
- Measles Outbreaks 2019 Announced January 2019
- Outbreaks of hepatitis A in multiple states among people who are homeless and people who use drugs Announced March 2017
Please see the Travelers’ Health site for a complete list.
- COVID-19 Very High - COVID-19 in Armenia November 2020
- COVID-19 Very High - COVID-19 in Zambia November 2020
- COVID-19 Very High - COVID-19 in Saudi Arabia November 2020
- COVID-19 Very High - COVID-19 in Lesotho November 2020
- COVID-19 Very High - COVID-19 in Bahrain November 2020
- COVID-19 Very High - COVID-19 in The Gambia November 2020
- COVID-19 Very High - COVID-19 in Cuba November 2020
To receive email updates about this page, enter your email address:
- Multistate Foodborne Outbreaks – Foodborne outbreaks listed by year
- Hepatitis A Outbreaks – Hepatitis A outbreak investigations since 2013 where CDC supported or led the investigation.
- US Outbreaks Linked to Contact with Animals or Animal Products
- Health Alert Network – Health alerts, health advisories, updates, and info service messages. Designed for public health and medical communities.
- Recent Outbreaks and Incidents – Events involving the CDC Emergency Operations Center
- Morbidity and Mortality Weekly Report – Outbreak investigation reports included among other content. Note that outbreak material includes state health department investigations. Designed for public health and medical communities.