CDC Current Outbreak List
Infectious disease outbreaks currently being reported on by CDC. Listings include those outbreaks for which content is currently published on the CDC website.
Recent investigations reported on CDC.gov
- Small Turtles - Salmonella Infections Announced August 2023
- Ice Cream - Listeria Infections Announced August 2023
- Suspected Fungal Meningitis - Epidural Related Surgeries in Mexico Announced May 2023
- Backyard Poultry – Salmonella Infections Announced May 2023
- Drug-resistant Infections Associated with Artificial Tears Announced February 2023
- Raw Oysters - Norovirus Infections Announced December 2022
- Hepatitis of Unknown Cause in Children Announced May 2022
- Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) Announced January 2020
- Lung Injury Associated with E-cigarette Use or Vaping Announced August 2019
- Raw Milk – Drug-resistant Brucella (RB51) Announced February 2019
- Measles Outbreaks 2019 Announced January 2019
- Outbreaks of hepatitis A in multiple states among people who are homeless and people who use drugs Announced March 2017
Please see the Travelers’ Health site for a complete list.
- Level 1 - Nipah Virus in Kerala, India September 2023
- Level 1 - Crimean-Congo Hemorrhagic Fever in Afghanistan September 2023
- Level 2 - Diphtheria in Niger September 2023
- Level 2 - Diphtheria in Vietnam September 2023
- Level 2 - Diphtheria in Guinea September 2023
- Level 1 - Dengue in Africa and the Middle East September 2023
- Level 2 - Fungal Infections Following Surgical Procedures in Mexico May 2023
- Multistate Foodborne Outbreaks – Foodborne outbreaks listed by year
- Hepatitis A Outbreaks – Hepatitis A outbreak investigations since 2013 where CDC supported or led the investigation.
- US Outbreaks Linked to Contact with Animals or Animal Products
- Health Alert Network – Health alerts, health advisories, updates, and info service messages. Designed for public health and medical communities.
- Recent Outbreaks and Incidents – Events involving the CDC Emergency Operations Center
- Morbidity and Mortality Weekly Report – Outbreak investigation reports included among other content. Note that outbreak material includes state health department investigations. Designed for public health and medical communities.