Specimen Submission Instructions and Reagent Ordering Forms
Instructions for submitting specimens to CDC diagnostic laboratories
You can submit specimens to CDC diagnostic laboratories by completing a specimen submission form. For details, refer to one of the following pages:
- Arboviral Diseases Specimen Submission Instructions
- Bacterial Diseases Specimen Submission Instructions
- Dengue Specimen Submission Instructions
- Rickettsial Zoonoses Specimen Submission Instructions
Note: Diagnostic specimens are now regulated by the DOT & ICAO/IATA Dangerous Goods Regulations. Anyone offering packages for transport containing diagnostic sample must be trained according to these regulations. For more information, please refer to CDC’s Scientific Resources Program.
The Division of Vector-Borne Diseases provides reagents that are not commercially available to state, local, and territorial public health laboratories for diagnostic testing of arboviruses and rickettsial zoonoses. Laboratories may request:
- Arboviral reagents by logging into the Arboviral Reagent Ordering System.
- Serological reagents for rickettsial disease confirmation by contacting the Division of Scientific Resources at email@example.com.
- Page last reviewed: April 1, 2011
- Page last updated: April 2, 2018
- Content source: