New materials for this tick season:
- Medscape Expert Commentary — Tickborne Rickettsial Diseases: Updated Guidelines for Patient Diagnosis and Management.
- COCA call—Little Bite, Big Disease: Recognizing and Managing Tickborne Illnesses. Free CE available!
- MMWR Recommendations and Reports—Diagnosis and Management of Tickborne Rickettsial Diseases: Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever and Other Spotted Fever Group Rickettsioses, Ehrlichioses, and Anaplasmosis — United States. Free CE available!
- Borrelia miyamotoi – What you need to know about Borrelia miyamotoi
- 2016 HHS joint webinar – Trends in Tickborne Diseases
- New publication – Eisen RJ, Eisen L, Beard CB County-Scale Distribution of Ixodes scapularis and Ixodes pacificus (Acari: Ixodidae) in the Continental United States. J Med Entomol. 2016 Jan 18. [Epub ahead of print.]
- 2013 HHS joint webinar! Novel and Emerging Tickborne Diseases – Agents, Clinical Features, and Surveillance
- New Handbook – Tickborne Diseases of the United States: A Reference Manual for Health Care Providers, Second Edition. [PDF – 21 pages]
- Tick Bite Prevention Comic for Summer Campers – Don’t Let a Tick Make You Sick! [PDF – 1 page]
- Hunter Safety Fact Sheet – It’s Open Season on Ticks! [PDF – 2 pages]
- Public Health Matters blog – Rolling Up Our Sleeves to Protect People and their Dogs.
Notable tickborne diseases
CDC Expert Commentary Videos on Medscape
- Doxycycline for Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever: Safe for All Ages May 2015
- Recognizing Lyme Carditis January 2014
- Tickborne Rickettsial Infections Among Travelers to Africa August 2013
- Southern Tick-Associated Rash Illness — When a Bull's-Eye Rash Isn't Lyme Disease March 2013
- PCR for Diagnosis of Lyme Disease: Is It Useful? An update on testing for Lyme disease is provided in this commentary from the CDC. June 2012
- Testing for Lyme Disease: Follow the Steps March 2012
- Here Come the Bugs: Protection From Insect and Tick Bites May 2011
- Prescribing the Correct Antibiotic for Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever Can Be Lifesaving July 2010
- Page last reviewed: February 9, 2016
- Page last updated: August 16, 2016
- Content source: