About the Morbidity and Mortality Weekly Report (MMWR) Series
The Morbidity and Mortality Weekly Report (MMWR ) series is prepared by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
Often called “the voice of CDC,” the MMWR series is the agency’s primary vehicle for scientific publication of timely, reliable, authoritative, accurate, objective, and useful public health information and recommendations.
MMWR readership predominantly consists of physicians, nurses, public health practitioners, epidemiologists and other scientists, researchers, educators, and laboratorians.
All material in the MMWR series is in the public domain and may be used and reprinted without special permission; citation as to source, however, is appreciated. Questions or comments about the MMWR Series can be sent to email@example.com or to the following:
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
1600 Clifton Road, N.E.
Atlanta, GA 30333
MMWR Series: 2019 Journal Impact Factor (Journal Citation Reports, 2020)
- Ranked 5th in the subject category of PUBLIC, ENVIRONMENTAL & OCCUPATIONAL HEALTH in the Science Citation Index Expanded edition of Journal Citation Reports
MMWR Series: 2019 Scimago Journal Rank (SJR)external icon
- Recommendations and Reports ‒ SJR: 41.022; ranked 2nd among 30,891 journals
- Surveillance Summaries ‒ SJR: 20.617; ranked 13th among 30,891 journals
- Weekly ‒ SJR: 6.942; ranked 165th among 30,891 journals
MMWR Weekly: Google Scholar h-Index (July 2019)
- h5-indexexternal icon:114; h5-median:206
- Ranked 1st of top 20 publications in Epidemiologyexternal icon.
- More than 190,000 electronic subscribers
- The journal site receives more than 17 million page views (CDC Web Statistics).
The MMWR series of publications is identifiable by the following ISSN numbers:
|MMWR Recommendations and Reports||1057-5987||1545-8601|
|MMWR Surveillance Summaries||1546-0738||1545-8636|
*Electronic version of the publication