About the Morbidity and Mortality Weekly Report (MMWR) Series
The Morbidity and Mortality Weekly Report (MMWR ) series is prepared by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
Often called “the voice of CDC,” the MMWR series is the agency’s primary vehicle for scientific publication of timely, reliable, authoritative, accurate, objective, and useful public health information and recommendations.
MMWR readership predominantly consists of physicians, nurses, public health practitioners, epidemiologists and other scientists, researchers, educators, and laboratorians.
The data in the weekly MMWR are provisional, based on weekly reports to CDC by state health departments. Questions or comments about the MMWR Series can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org or to the following:
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
1600 Clifton Road, N.E.
Atlanta, GA 30333
Reports submitted for publication consideration can be sent to the address above or to email@example.com.
Journal Impact Factor (Journal Citation Reports, 2015)
- Ranked 2nd in the subject category of PUBLIC, ENVIRONMENTAL & OCCUPATIONAL HEALTH in the Science Citation Index Expanded edition of JCR
- MMWR has the highest score among 239 journals receiving impact factor for the first time.
Google Scholar h-Index (July 2016)
- More than 250,000 electronic subscribers through GovDelivery
- The journal site receives more than 23.0 million page views (CDC Web Statistics).
The MMWR series of publications is identifiable by the following ISSN numbers:
|MMWR Recommendations and Reports||1057-5987||1545-8601|
|MMWR Surveillance Summaries||1546-0738||1545-8636|
*Electronic version of the publication
All material in the MMWR series is in the public domain and may be used and reprinted without special permission; citation as to source, however, is appreciated.
- Page last reviewed: August 15, 2016
- Page last updated: August 15, 2016
- Content source: