About the Morbidity and Mortality Weekly Report (MMWR) Series
The Morbidity and Mortality Weekly Report (MMWR ) series is prepared by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
Often called “the voice of CDC,” the MMWR series is the agency’s primary vehicle for scientific publication of timely, reliable, authoritative, accurate, objective, and useful public health information and recommendations.
MMWR readership predominantly consists of physicians, nurses, public health practitioners, epidemiologists and other scientists, researchers, educators, and laboratorians.
All material in the MMWR series is in the public domain and may be used and reprinted without special permission; citation as to source, however, is appreciated. Questions or comments about the MMWR Series can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org or to the following:
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
1600 Clifton Road, N.E.
Atlanta, GA 30329-4027
MMWR Series: 2020 Journal Impact Factors (Journal Citation Reports, 2021)
- Surveillance Summaries – 58.769; ranked 1st
- Recommendations and Reports – 55.857; ranked 2nd
- Weekly – 17.586; ranked 7th
- All ranked out of 203 journals in the subject category of PUBLIC, ENVIRONMENTAL & OCCUPATIONAL HEALTH
MMWR Series: 2021 Scimago Journal Rank (SJR)
- Recommendations and Reports ‒ SJR: 25.045; ranked 5th among 27,339 journals
- Weekly ‒ SJR: 16.513; ranked 24th among 27,339 journals
- Surveillance Summaries ‒ SJR: 10.129; ranked 62nd among 27,339 journals
MMWR Weekly: Google Scholar h-Index (2021)
- h5-index:141; h5-median:274
- Ranked 82nd of top 100 publications overall
- Ranked 1st of top 20 publications in Epidemiology.
- More than 190,000 electronic subscribers
- The journal site receives more than 17 million page views (CDC Web Statistics).
The MMWR series of publications is identifiable by the following ISSN numbers:
|MMWR Recommendations and Reports||1057-5987||1545-8601|
|MMWR Surveillance Summaries||1546-0738||1545-8636|
*Electronic version of the publication