Risk Reduction (RR) Chapter
The Prevention Research Synthesis (PRS) Project has been conducting on-going systematic reviews (i.e., Risk Reduction (RR) Efficacy Review ) to identify evidence-based interventions (EBIs) that show evidence of efficacy in changing sex or drug-injection behaviors that directly impact HIV-transmission risk. Additional details about the RR Chapter or PRS can be obtained by contacting PRS.
Updated on November 22, 2019
- Starting in December 2016, Risk Reduction interventions focused on non-priority populations and published over 10 years ago will be archived. Please see the Archived Interventions page for further information.
- Beginning in 2015, PRS will focus only on evaluating RR interventions for priority populations, in line with DHAP’s High-Impact Prevention (HIP) approach. More information about upcoming changes to the PRS RR review process pdf icon[PDF – 111 KB].
NEW Risk Reduction Interventions for 2019
- Couples HIV Intervention Program (CHIP) pdf icon[PDF – 988 KB] CPL – GOOD
- Keep It Up! 2.0 pdf icon[PDF – 932 KB] ILI – BEST
- Project LifeSkills pdf icon[PDF – 232 KB] GLI – BEST
- Project RISE pdf icon[PDF – 915 KB] ILI – BEST
- Think Twice pdf icon[PDF – 930 KB] ILI – BEST