Paying for PEP
Depending on the reason you are prescribed PEP, you may qualify for free or low-cost PEP medicines.
Paying for PEP After a Sexual Assault
- You may qualify for partial or total reimbursement for medicines and clinical care costs.
- Find resources available in your area.
Paying for PEP After an Exposure at Work
- Your workplace health insurance or workers’ compensation will usually pay for PEP.
Paying for PEP for Another Reason
- If you cannot get insurance coverage, your health care provider can apply for free PEP medicines through the medication assistance programs run by the manufacturers.
- These requests for assistance can be handled urgently in many cases to avoid a delay in getting medicine.
- Enrollment applications, such as Gilead’s Advancing Access form or NASTAD’s Patient Assistance tool, can be completed online, over the phone, or by fax.