Researchers, healthcare providers, and public health professionals can learn more about epilepsy through these reports developed by US and International health organizations. The reports address such topics as the definition of epilepsy, treatment, public health impacts, goals, and recommendations.
- School Health Profiles and Practices Brief: Epilepsy and Seizure Disorder [PDF – 2 MB]
This brief highlights epilepsy-related data from the 2014 School Health Profiles survey and shares resources for schools, parents, and communities.
- International League Against Epilepsy (ILAE): A Practical Clinical Definition of Epilepsy
This 2014 report provides the ILAE’s recent guidelines for diagnosing epilepsy.
- Prevention Research Centers’ Managing Epilepsy Well Network [PDF – 5 MB]
The MEW Network is one of CDC’s Prevention Research Centers Program thematic networks.
- Institute of Medicine Report: Epilepsy Across the Spectrum
In this report, the Institute of Medicine (IOM) looks at the public health dimensions of epilepsy and makes wide-ranging recommendations to improve the lives of people with epilepsy and their families.
- Living with Epilepsy: A Blueprint for the Future. Task Force Update [PDF–782K]
This 2009 report from the Living with Epilepsy Task Force updates their goals and objectives for improving the lives of people with epilepsy and their families.
- Neurological Disorders: Public Health Challenges
This 2007 World Health Organization (WHO) Report addresses important public health aspects of epilepsy and other neurological disorders.
- Epilepsy in North America [PDF–318K]
This 2006 regional report is a modified and shortened version of the Global Campaign Against Epilepsy report. It describes the public health issues of epilepsy in North America and the need for a regional plan to address these issues.
- Living Well with Epilepsy II [PDF–976K]
This Report of the 2003 National Conference on Public Health and Epilepsy provides recommendations for the public health agenda on epilepsy.
- Living Well with Epilepsy – [PDF–371K]
This is a report on the 1997 National Conference on Public Health and Epilepsy.
- Global Campaign Against Epilepsy: Out of the Shadows
This 1997 report was sponsored by the World Health Organization, International League Against Epilepsy and the International Bureau for Epilepsy. The campaign’s mission is to improve acceptability, treatment, services, and prevention of epilepsy worldwide.
- Page last reviewed: November 20, 2017
- Page last updated: March 5, 2018
- Content source: