Researchers, healthcare providers, and public health professionals can learn more about epilepsy through these reports developed by US and International health organizations. The reports address such topics as the definition of epilepsy, treatment, public health impacts, goals, and recommendations.
- CDC Activities Related to Recommendations of the 2012 IOM Report, Epilepsy Across the Spectrum, 2012–2022, Final Progress Report [PDF – 3 MB]
This 10-year progress report serves as the final inventory of CDC extramural and intramural activities related to the 2012 IOM report, Epilepsy Across the Spectrum.
- School Health Profiles and Practices Brief: Epilepsy and Seizure Disorder [PDF – 2 MB]
This brief highlights epilepsy-related data from the 2014 School Health Profiles survey and shares resources for schools, parents, and communities.
- International League Against Epilepsy (ILAE): A Practical Clinical Definition of Epilepsy
This 2014 report provides the ILAE’s recent guidelines for diagnosing epilepsy.
- Prevention Research Centers’ Managing Epilepsy Well Network [PDF – 5 MB]
The MEW Network is one of CDC’s Prevention Research Centers Program thematic networks.
- Institute of Medicine Report: Epilepsy Across the Spectrum
In this report, the Institute of Medicine (IOM) looks at the public health dimensions of epilepsy and makes wide-ranging recommendations to improve the lives of people with epilepsy and their families.
- Living with Epilepsy: A Blueprint for the Future. Task Force Update [PDF–782K]
This 2009 report from the Living with Epilepsy Task Force updates their goals and objectives for improving the lives of people with epilepsy and their families.
- Epilepsy in North America
This 2006 regional report is a modified and shortened version of the Global Campaign Against Epilepsy report. It describes the public health issues of epilepsy in North America and the need for a regional plan to address these issues.
- Living Well with Epilepsy II [PDF–976K]
This Report of the 2003 National Conference on Public Health and Epilepsy provides recommendations for the public health agenda on epilepsy.
- Living Well with Epilepsy – [PDF–371K]
This is a report on the 1997 National Conference on Public Health and Epilepsy.