The CDC Clear Communication Index
The CDC Clear Communication Index (Index) is a research-based tool to help you develop and assess public communication materials.
- The Index has 4 introductory questions and 20 scored items drawn from scientific literature in communication and related disciplines.
- The items represent the most important characteristics that enhance and aid people’s understanding of information.
We’ve provided a few examples of the materials we tested with descriptions of what we changed.
- Healthcare-associated Infections
- National Violent Death Reporting System
Copy the below code into your site to add the Index Widget
- Clear Communication Index User Guide
- Full Index Score Sheet Cdc-pdf[694 KB, 7 pages]
- Modified Index Score Sheet Cdc-pdf[685 KB, 7 pages]
- Comments/Questions: To send comments, questions, or requests about the Index, please use our online form.