Content on this page was developed during the 2009-2010 H1N1 pandemic and has not been updated.
- The H1N1 virus that caused that pandemic is now a regular human flu virus and continues to circulate seasonally worldwide.
- The English language content on this website is being archived for historic and reference purposes only.
- For current, updated information on seasonal flu, including information about H1N1, see the CDC Seasonal Flu website.
Preparing for the Flu: A Communication Toolkit for Schools (Grades K-12)
March 24, 2010 5:30 PM ET
The purpose of "Preparing for the Flu: A Communication Toolkit for Schools" is to provide basic information and communication resources to help school administrators implement recommendations from CDC’s Guidance for State and Local Public Health Officials and School Administrators for School (K-12) Responses to Influenza during the 2009-2010 School Year.
The toolkit includes:
- Questions and Answers (PDF Version) about CDC’s Guidance for State and Local Public Health Officials and School Administrators for School (K-12) Responses to Influenza during the 2009-2010 School Year
- 2 Posters to Help Students Recognize if They Are Sick
- 2 Fact Sheets to Inform Schools and Teachers
- 3 Fact Sheets to Inform Parents
- Information on Where to Find Posters for Schools about Flu Prevention (PDF Version)
- 2 Template Letters (or E-mails) for Schools to Send to Parents
Get email updates
To receive weekly email updates about this site, enter your email address:
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
1600 Clifton Rd
Atlanta, GA 30333
TTY: (888) 232-6348
- Contact CDC-INFO