Content on this page was developed during the 2009-2010 H1N1 pandemic and has not been updated.
- The H1N1 virus that caused that pandemic is now a regular human flu virus and continues to circulate seasonally worldwide.
- The English language content on this website is being archived for historic and reference purposes only.
- For current, updated information on seasonal flu, including information about H1N1, see the CDC Seasonal Flu website.
Preparing for the Flu: A Communication Toolkit for Child Care and Early Childhood Programs
March 24, 2010 5:30 PM ET
The purpose of “Preparing for the Flu: A Communication Toolkit for Child Care and Early Childhood Programs” is to provide information and communication resources to help center-based and home-based child care programs, Head Start programs, and other early childhood programs implement recommendations from CDC’s Guidance on Helping Child Care and Early Childhood Programs Respond to Influenza during the 2009-2010 Influenza Season.
The toolkit includes:
- Questions and Answers about CDC’s Guidance on Helping Child Care and Early Childhood Programs Respond to Influenza during the 2009-2010 Influenza Season (PDF File)
- Fact Sheet for Early Childhood Program Providers
- Fact Sheets to Inform Parents
- Posterfor Child Care Centers to Remind Parents to Keep Sick Children at Home
- Template Letters (or E-mails) to Send to Parents
- Additional Communication Resources for Child Care and Early Childhood Programs (PDF File)
Get email updates
To receive weekly email updates about this site, enter your email address:
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
1600 Clifton Rd
Atlanta, GA 30333
TTY: (888) 232-6348
- Contact CDC-INFO