State and Community Work
Related Resources for Effective Tobacco Control Programs
- Cessation Materials for State Tobacco Control ProgramsFind links to cessation references and resources including best practices, information on insurance coverage, health systems, quitlines, and more.
- State Tobacco Activities Tracking and Evaluation (STATE) SystemThis interactive application has current and historical state-level data on tobacco use prevention and control. Find STATE highlights, custom reports, interactive maps, fact sheets, and more.
- Preventing and Reducing Illicit Tobacco Trade in the United States pdf icon[PDF - 2 MB]Read a brief assessment of the illicit tobacco trade in the United States. Learn about options for preventing and reducing these tax avoidance and evasion activities at different levels of government.
- Designing and Implementing an Effective Tobacco Counter-Marketing CampaignAccess a manual for tobacco control program staff in state health departments and national organizations. Get examples of what has been successful in tobacco control and prevention media campaigns over the last dozen years. The manual has sample documents that can be used when developing a campaign.
- FDA Rules and Regulations – Tobacco Productsexternal iconLearn about FDA rules and regulations on tobacco products. These regulations are also federal laws. FDA has broad authority to regulate the manufacturing, distribution, and marketing of tobacco products.
- The Community Guideexternal iconAccess a resource to help you select tobacco prevention and control interventions to improve health and prevent disease in your state, community, community organization, business, healthcare organization, or school.
Page last reviewed: August 23, 2021