Sample Social Media – #TalkTestTreat
These social media messages for Twitter, Facebook and Instagram can help amplify prevention messages during STI Awareness Week. Select messages that align with your audiences and goals. Additional suggestions to keep in mind:
- Use #STIweek and #TalkTestTreat hashtags on Twitter and Instagram during STI Awareness Week to join the conversation and share information, pictures and videos.
- Use suggested daily themes to help plan your STI Awareness Week calendar, or mix and match campaigns
- Share messages with suggested graphics or your own images, GIFs, and videos.
- Customize messages with local testing options. Incorporate local hashtags that may help your messages reach your target audience.
- Follow and tag @CDCSTD on Twitter and CDC STD on Facebook.
In [insert year], [organization’s state/county/city] had [number] cases of #chlamydia, #gonorrhea, and #syphilis. For #STIweek, know your testing options! [Organization] is offering [testing strategy, dates, location]. [Contact information/organization URL] #TalkTestTreat
Clinicians: Protecting your patients’ health is as easy as #TalkTestTreat. Learn more: https://bit.ly/3sNIiCv #STIweek
Clinicians: Make #sexualhealth a standard part of your practice with these resources: https://bit.ly/3sNIiCv #TalkTestTreat #STIweek
Clinicians: Use #CDC’s STI Treatment Guidelines to ensure the best treatment and care for patients: https://bit.ly/2UN7Z9J #TalkTestTreat #STIweek
Searching for prevention resources you can share with your community year-round? Visit the General Resources page for links to fact sheets, infographics, screening recommendations, and more. There’s something for everyone!