Campaign Materials – #GYT
These social media messages for Twitter, Facebook and Instagram can help amplify STI prevention messages during STI Awareness Week. Select messages that align with your audiences and goals. Additional suggestions to keep in mind:
- Use #STIweek and #GYT hashtags on Twitter and Instagram during STI Awareness Week to join the conversation and share information, pictures and videos.
- Use suggested daily themes to help plan your STI Awareness Week calendar, or mix and match campaigns
- Share messages with suggested graphics or your own images, GIFs, and videos.
- Customize messages with local testing options. Incorporate local hashtags that may help your messages reach your target audience.
- Follow and tag @CDCSTD on Twitter and CDC STD on Facebook.
Sample Social Media Messages and Graphics
DYK? In 2020, over half (53%) of reported cases of STIs were among adolescents and young adults aged 15–24 years. [Organization] is offering testing at [testing strategy, dates, location]. #GYT for #STIweek! [Contact information/organization URL]
In [insert year], [organization’s state/county/city] had [number] cases of #chlamydia, #gonorrhea, and #syphilis. For #STIweek, know your testing options and #GYT. [Organization] is offering [testing strategy, dates, location]. [Contact information/organization URL]