Talk. Test. Treat.
Talk. Test. Treat. is a campaign that encourages individuals and healthcare providers to take three simple actions – Talk. Test. Treat. – to protect their health, the health of their partners, and that of their patients. The campaign reinforces that all STDs are preventable and treatable, and most are curable.
STD Prevention Partners: Click on the Individuals or Providers box below to view a page filled with messages and helpful links that you can customize for your target audience. From the Campaign Materials box, you can access the complete suite of materials developed specifically for the campaign, including sample social media and graphics sized for social media and the web.
- Diagnoses of chlamydia, gonorrhea, and syphilis all increased for the fifth year in a row.
- There were more than 2.4 million diagnosed cases of chlamydia, gonorrhea, and syphilis.
- There were over 200,000 more cases of these STDs than the previous record set in 2017.
- Syphilis cases increased by 81%.
- Gonorrhea cases increased by 67%.
- Chlamydia remained at record highs.
- Congenital syphilis cases more than doubled.