Alerts About Current & Projected Funding Opportunities
The federal government provides many funding opportunities for state, tribal, local, and territorial health agencies, but these opportunities are announced throughout the year and can be difficult to track. Grants.gov can help. You can follow the steps below to search for current and forecasted federal funding opportunities and subscribe to get email alerts about them.
How to Get Email Alerts
- Go to Grants.gov’s Search Grants page and use the filters on the left to search for the specific funding opportunity. You can create alerts filtered by specific criteria, such as
- Category of funding activity (e.g., Health)
- Eligible applicants (e.g., State Governments, County Governments, or Native American tribal governments)
- Funding Instrument Type (e.g., Grant or Cooperative Agreement)
- Agency (e.g., Department of Health and Human Services)
- Sub-agency (e.g., Centers for Disease Control and Prevention)
- Once you find it, click on it. You will be taken to a page with all of the information about it.
- At the top of the page, click on the Subscribe button.
- You will need to log in or create an account to receive Grants.gov email alerts.
How to Manage Your Email Alerts
- Go to Grants.gov’s Manage Subscriptions page.
- You can subscribe to and manage your existing subscriptions about opportunities.
- You can also unsubscribe from email alerts.
How to Search for Forecasted Opportunities
- Go to Grants.gov’s Search Grants page. The default view shows results for both Forecasted and Posted opportunities.
- On the top left, under Opportunity Status, de-select Posted and the results will auto-update, depending on your selection.
- You can also sort the results by opportunity title, number, posted date, or closing date (see the Sort By drop-down menu above the list of matching results).
A Note About Forecasting
The Grants Forecasting feature of Grants.gov provides information about the federal government’s intention to release specific notice of funding opportunities (NOFOs) throughout the year. Please note that—
- Forecasted opportunities might change or not ultimately be published or funded.
Grants are forecasted throughout the fiscal year, so what is forecasted at any given moment isn’t necessarily a comprehensive list of NOFOs that will eventually be forecasted and posted by the end of the fiscal year.
- Page last reviewed: July 20, 2018
- Page last updated: July 20, 2018
- Content source: